Promises! Promises! Promises!
How do you feel about all the promises that are being made today by politicians? You know that many of those promises will not be fulfilled. How do you feel about individuals who make promises to meet you some where at a certain time and they do not show up, or to do something for you and they did not do it? You loose trust in that person, and you become very skeptical of anything they say. Today, we want to talk about Godís promises. How wonderful it is to know that he keeps all of his promises, and they are many. I have a book One-Thousand Promises from Godís Words and I do not know if that is all the promises in the Bible.
Godís promises are active and they require us to do something to receive the benefits of the promises, just like you are required to do something if your friend promises to do something for you. Example: Your friend promised to wash your car for you. You have to either take the car to the friend or park the car outside of your house for the friend to wash the car. If he shows at your house and you are not there with the car, he canít wash it, if you are there and change your mind because you decided that it does not need washing now, he canít wash it. You also have to exercise faith that the person knows how to wash a car and will use the right things to wash it.
Now look at Eight of Godís promises (AND ANSWERS)
1. Your Safety is from me. I Corinthians 10:13- No TEMPTATIONS can overtake you that are not common to man. In other word, you are not alone. Sometimes we get into our pity part, and say why me. God will not allow you to be tempted above what you are able to bear. With the temptation, he will make a way for you to escape, that you will be able to bear it. Donít give up, donít give in. Recognize that your safety is from the Lord.
2. Your wealth is from me. Philippians 4:19. I am your
PROVIDER. You must depend on God. You must recognize that He is rich and he will supply all your needs. Your wealth is from the Lord.
3. Your peace is from me. Romans 8: 28. I will use all YOUR
CIRCUMSTANCES To work out my perfect will. You must believe that "All things work together for good to those who love God and are called according to his purpose." Donít be anxious about difficult circumstances. God is saying I can give you peace no matter what you are going through.
4. Your consolation is from me. Isaiah 53:3. No SORROW
has come upon you that I have not EXPERIENCED. Sometimes we are faced with some difficult situations, death of a loved one, loss of all your earthly belongings, and your friends and relatives do not know what to say or do. All they can do is be there for you, but we can take comfort and console ourselves that whatever we are going through, Jesus went through it for us and our consolation is from him.
5. Your comfort is from me. Read Psalm 37:39-40
I am your STRENGTH in the time of trouble. God is saying, I am the one in whom you may confide. Draw close to me, and I will draw close to you.
6. Your future is from me. Psalm 37: 40, Jeremiah 29:11. I know the THOUGHTS that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not evil, to give you an expected end. I have for you, thoughts of PEACE, and not of evil, to give you a FUTURE and a hope. .Psalm 37: 40. He is your deliverer from the wicked and he will save you if you trust him.
7. Your salvation is from me. Hosea 6:6. I desire your HEART
more than your sacrifice and the KNOWLEDGE of God more
than BURNT offerings.
8. Your strength is from me. Isaiah 40:31. Wait on me and I SHALL
RENEW your strength. Sometimes you are called upon to handle a difficult task, and you do not think that you can handle it. Isaiah is saying, if you wait upon the Lord, he will renew your strength. You shall mount up with wings like eagles. You shall run and not be weary. You shall walk and not faint. Donít give up or give in.
Conclusion: Philippians 4:6-7 Be anxious for nothing. Put everything before the Lord, give him thanks for what he has done and will do for you in this situation, and place your request before him. Trust him to do what is best for you. He is your comforter, your strength, your provider, your consoler. He has been through what you are going through. Give him your heart and he will save you. He is your savior.